Ask any lady and she will most probably tell you that makeup vanity with lights is an essential accessory. It makes your everyday personal grooming much easier. The ample lighting from a lighted makeup vanity makes the application of makeup easier.
However, makeup vanities with lights are usually a lot more expensive compared to the standard vanity mirrors. That doesn’t mean you can’t own a lighted makeup vanity if you are on a tight budget.
You can build your own lighted vanity from scratch. All you need to do is get a few, readily available materials and follow some simple instructions.
In this article, we present you an easy-to-follow guide to creating a DIY makeup vanity with lights. This project won’t strain your budget, but you will end up with a functional and glamorous makeup space. Let’s get to it.
What You Will Need
- Two 32-inch board pieces
- 28×34-inch plywood sheet
- 18×30-inch mirror
- Light bulbs
- Power strips
- Six pieces of lamp sockets with plug-in cords
- 2-inch screws
- 3-inch screws
- Construction adhesive
- Paint (Desired color)
- Zip ties
Once you have these materials ready, it’s time to build your own makeup vanity with lights. Simply follow the 13 easy steps below.
- Take your 28×34-inch plywood sheet and apply two coats of primer to its surface and sides. Do the same with the 32-inch board pieces. Give them about two hours to dry.
- Apply your colored paint evenly.
- Lay your plywood piece on the floor. A wide table can also work fine. Be sure to position the plywood in the center before marking the outline with a pencil.
- Position your 6-lamp sockets onto the plywood piece, 3 pieces on either side. Be sure there’s uniform space between them. Mark the outline of each lamp with a pencil.
- Drill a ¼ -inch hole in the center of each lamp’s outline.
- Hold your plywood piece against the spot where you want to place the vanity mirror. Trace each side of the plywood with a pencil.
- Insert the plug-in cords through the holes before screwing the sockets to the plywood sheet.
- Apply the construction adhesive to the back of the mirror. Press the mirror in place on the plywood.
- With the mounting screws, fasten the electrical power strip under your vanity mirror.
- Make three 1/16 holes on each board. Fasten them to the wall using the 3-inch screws. The painted parts should face away from each other.
- Using your drill again, create four holes through the wood towards the wall boards. Fasten using your 2-inch screws.
- Connect your six electrical plugs to the power strip. Then, connect the strip’s cord to a power outlet. Be sure it’s switch is turned off when doing this.
- Attach your light bulbs into the sockets. Light up your makeup vanity by turning on the power strip switch.
Done! Now you have an awesome, budget-friendly makeup vanity with lights for an easier makeup application.
A makeup vanity with lights is an integral component of every woman’s life. However, not many women can afford them due to their relatively high cost. Fortunately, it is easy to build a DIY makeup vanity with lights. With a few cheap materials and the instructions in this article, you can get a beautiful lighted makeup vanity.