Cozy and welcoming, faux fur is one of today’s hot interior design trends. Faux fur looks awesome in any space, from traditional and classic rooms to retro, vintage, or chic spaces. It is also a great option for designers who want to stay animal-friendly.
Faux fur comes from synthetic materials that mimic real animal fur. Even though it is not real fur, all that softness is a really rich texture to use in your home. The texture creates an aura of opulence.
If you are looking for a stylish and practical way to incorporate fur into your home, you can’t go wrong with faux fur chairs.
You even don’t need to pay a fortune for the chairs as you can make your own faux fur chairs at home by following the simples instructions below:
DIY Faux Fur Chair
What you’ll need for your DIY faux chair project:
- 2 yards of faux fur fabric
- Hot glue sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Staple gun with staples
1. Clean the surface of the chair you want to cover. You can use a cleaner or just a lint brush to roll off any dust, dirt, and pet hair.
If the fabric of your chair is dark and your faux fur fabric is transparent, consider adding a coat of spray paint to the chair before applying the fur.
2. Take your faux fur fabric and lay it over the surfaces that you want to cover.
3. If your chair has detachable legs, unscrew them now and put them aside. Don’t worry if they are not detachable! You can still work around them.
4. Starting on the seat of the chair, align your faux fabric to ensure it is centered in the middle of the seat.
5. Using your glue gun, place glue on the seat. Then lay down the fabric quickly. Be sure to do this before the glue gets a chance to cool down and probably dry.
6. Repeat this procedure to all surfaces of the chair that you want to cover with faux fur.
7. Fold any extra fur over itself, the way you normally do when wrapping a gift with wrapping paper.
8. Using your staple gun, secure the fabric under the seat of the chair. Look for a wooden part under the chair that can hold a staple in place. If you don’t find a good place to secure the staples, glue should do the job.
9. Repeat this method on the seat-back. Seams should go under the chair. So, be sure to glue all sides down. You want to save the stapling for parts that no one can see.
10. If you removed the legs, feel where the screw-hole is and pierce a hole with the edge of your scissors. Afterward, push the hole in the faux fur fabric and screw the legs back in place.
11. If you didn’t remove the legs, cut the fabric around them and chop off any extra. Glue the surplus pieces on the underneath of your chair.
12. Done! You can now enjoy new faux fur chair.
There are some pieces that possess the power to make a home warm and happier. Faux fur chairs are definitely one of them. This could be attributed to how faux fur adds more whimsy to an eclectic space, or more glamour to a luxurious space. The good thing about faux fur chairs is that you can easily make them on your own.
Resources & Credits: