When asked about cool coffee cups, what comes to many people’s mind are fancy, expensive cups sold in the stores. But did you know that you can create your own super cool cups at home?
You just need some nail polish and water. With these, you can make awesome marble patterns on plain white cups. It is a very simple craft, and it’ll instantly make any old cup look cool and presentable.
Shall we get into the details of making a DIY Marble-dipped Coffee Cup?
Things You Will Need to Create Cool Coffee Cups
- Plain white coffee cup
- Nail polish
- Paper towel
- Old container you don’t mind ruining
Once you have everything ready, follow the steps below to create your beautiful coffee cups:
Firstly, fill the old container with warm water. This process may leave some residue behind. So, make sure it is a container you don’t mind having stains on. Hence, you should not fill it too full.
Pour the nail polish in the water. You don’t need to buy new nail polish since you only need just a few drops. It’s advisable to hold the polish bottle close to the water. You don’t want the nail polish drops to fall to the bottom. They should rest on the water surface.
A quick dry nail polish is not recommended. Namely, time is of the essence in this process. You don’t want to shorten the time even more with a quick dry nail polish. Also, choose a bright or dark-coloured polish for the best effect.
This is the most critical step of creating your cool cups. Using a toothpick, swirl the nail polish to ensure it covers most of the water. A film should start to form. It’s now time to create those awesome coffee cups.
Dip your plain coffee cup into the container. Swirl it to pick up the paint. Then, place the cup on the paper towel to dry. Leave it untouched until it is completely dry.
Done! Isn’t that easy and cool?
The only shortcoming of coffee cupss made this way is that they are not microwave-safe or dishwasher safe.
Keep these tips in mind when creating your cool coffee cups:
- Consider doing a test run with a plastic solo cup. You want to get everything right.
- Use two colors to get a fascinating marbling effect
- Just dip your coffee cup once. If you don’t like the outcome, let it dry first and repeat the process until you get the desired result.
- It is advisable not to put the nail polish where your lips would touch. It is unhealthy.
- Avoid touching the cup until it’s dry. Otherwise, you will smudge it. If you’ve messed it up, however, you can clear the mess with some nail polish remover.
- When emptying the water, it’s advisable to first scoop out all the remaining polish with power towel. Otherwise, you will stain your sink.
The Bottom Line
If you are a DIY enthusiast looking for cool coffee cups, you don’t have to go shopping for them. You can make some awesome cups yourself. Simply follow the instructions provided here.