Beach decor is inspired by the experience you get when you are at the beach. This includes the colors you see, the textures you feel, and the feelings you have. For instance, the seaside is characterized by the colors of white or golden sand, various shades of blue, stark white clouds, as well as the foaming waves.
Beach decor evokes a feeling of relaxation and freedom. It reflects the openness and purity of nature. This is the kind of experience you will get when you use beach decor for decorating your home.
However, you need to get everything right. You should know how to play with beach colors and beach-themed accessories to get the perfect coastal feeling in your home.
So, let’s explore 3 ways to incorporate beach decor into your home and bring in the breezy seaside feel:
Use the Right Wall Colors
When it comes creating the serene mood of the seaside, it is imperative that you pick the right colors. Otherwise, you’ll mess up everything!
Hence, it is advisable to take the time to decide on the beach colors you would love to have on your walls. Keep in mind that you will have to put up with your chosen colors for years. So, don’t go for something that will bore you fast.
Here are some of the common beach colors to consider:
- White – Ultra, Pure White color is recommended for beach decor. You should not make the mistake of using eggshell or off-white color. Otherwise, you won’t achieve the desired pure freshness.
- Blue – Pale blue shades are the best for achieving a coastal feel. They’ll ensure that your home feels open and airy.
- Sand Colors – The sand in most beaches is somewhat white, yellowish, or a tan shade. It is advisable to go with pale colors. If you go for darker shades, you may not achieve the desired feeling of openness and calmness.
Invest in Beach-themed Furniture
For beach decor, the furniture should not be made from rough planks of wood. Your preferred furniture should deliver comfort, serenity, as well as casual feeling to your home. How do you achieve this?
You should choose furniture with soft, comfy fabrics in bright colors, like pale blues, soft sage, or white. Also, be sure to add plenty of cushions. The cushions can have an arty motif of a sea creature, like starfish, to ensure maximum comfort.
To add some touch of ruggedness to you beach decors, consider getting a sea grass rug. Likewise, adding some star black framed monochromatic prints on your walls creates a touch of sophistication.
Accentuate the Look with Beach Decor Accents
You should maintain simplicity when it comes to adding beach decor accents. You can draw inspiration from these tips:
- Figurines – You should place just a few selected ocean and beach creatures in strategic positions in your room. If you have them in excess, however, consider displaying them all in a dedicated spot, such as a display cabinet.
- Pictures – You should only choose beach-themed pictures. Then, you can put them in frames of the same color. This is a great way to create harmony in the room while maintaining the beauty.
- Seashells – Your beach decor can’t be complete without seashells. You should display them in acrylic jars or glass vases to achieve the best effect.
The beach can be a soothing place, especially when the sky is clear, the water is warm, and the wind blows gently across your face. You can realize the fond memories of the beach in your home. All you need to do is to add some beach decor to your home. You can draw insights on how to effectively add beach-themed decor to the home from this article.